Dienstag, 20. September 2011

BC: In The Dark

I am alone. Alone in the dark, in a closed room with no key to open the door. I am scared, I feel like someone's compressing my throat and I can hardly breath. I am on the verge of screaming, but I can't. The fear holds me off. What if there's someone in the room, hiding behind a shelf with a knife in his hand, only a few foot away from me? A cold shower's running over my back. No one's in the house, who could hear me. I am all alone in the cellar. Wasn't there a noise? I'm not able to move. Stop! Stop thinking such a crap, you're alone in this room and it's dark, but that's no problem. You just have to find the key that you've dropped when you wind up in the spider's web. The spider. What if it's right in front of me? I feel like running but I am petrified. Calm down.

It all started with an empty bag of chips. I was watching TV, when I noticed that the the bag of chips was empty and because I was hungry, I stood up to go to the pantry. I grabbed the key and went to the basement. While I was unlocking the door, I heard the voices on the TV. I turned on the light and went inside. The door slammed. Our pantry is pretty big with lots of shelves that are full of stuff, so it took me a while to find the right shelf. Exactly in this moment when I saw the chips at the top of the shelf the light went out. It was pitch-dark and silent. No more noise from the TV. After I had recognized that it was a blackout I ran scared and hurried up to get to the door. I felt my way from one shelf to the next when I suddenly grabbed into a spider's web. I screamed, dropped the key and jumped back into a shelf. All things fell out. I heard a glass bursting and something hit my foot. I jumped back again and slipped. Aww, my foot. I touched my ankle and felt something liquid, clammy... eek, what was that? It smelled like... tomatosoup. I made a step forward.

And that's where I am now. Okay, where's the key? I touch the shelf beside me. Is this the shelf with the chips? Damn, why did I jumped back? Stop. The shelf with the chips was the... third one by the door. So let's go to the door and from there back to the third shelf. But wait. The key felt when I grabbed into the spider's web and that was... Gosh, I'll never find the key! If I had at least a flashlight. Come on! I make another step forward. My foot knocks against something. I bend down and touch the object... it feels cold and metallic... but it's too big for a key. A can opener! I stuck it in my pocket, maybe I'll need it later. I make two steps forward and stumble over a round thing. I fall to the ground. Aww, my ankle, again! I sample the floor around me. Nothing except cold, hard stone. But wait. My fingers hit against something metallic, scraggly - the key!  It takes a load off my mind. With new energy I stand up and make my way through the room. The end of the shelf, space, next shelf, space... wall! I sample the wall and come across another one. I'm in a corner. Behind me is the last shelf so I have to go to the right. One step, two steps, three.. I touch wood. The door! Now I need the keyhole. There's the door latch so the keyhole has to be under it. There it is! I breathe deeply. Yeah, I found it! I put the key into the lock and - suddenly the light comes on. For a short moment I am dazzled but then I realize what happened. The light's on! I look around. I've made a mess! Boxes, open bags, a broken glas and tomatosoup were scattered all over the floor. Let's get out of here! I turn the key and open the door. Surprise! In front of me stands my mother. That's too much. I fling my arms around my mother's neck and start to cry.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen