Samstag, 17. September 2011

FREE: Germany

I'll tell you something about my home country, because I think that most of you don't know so much about it.
The capital is Berlin, but honestly I've never been there. Going there is one of the first things I'll do when I'm back in Germany. Probably the most popular city is Munich and because I live in Augsburg (what's about half an hour away) I'm there almost every weekend. At the moment there's the "Oktoberfest", also known as the "Wiesn". All women wear a "Dirndl" and the men "Lederhosen", the typically Bavarian costume. The main activity is drinking original German beer. :) Beside the Oktoberfest, the "Nürnberger/ Augsburger Christkindlsmarkt" is also very popular. He takes place from the 21. november to the 24. december. It's a big Christmas market and it's known for its German "Bratwürste" and "Glühwein" and of course the "Nürnberger Lebkuchen". Another typical German dish is "Spätzle mit Soß". Hamburg and Cologne are also familiar cities. I love Hamburg, because it's the most beautiful port city in Germany and there's the only "Urban Outfitters" and many other great shops. :) Blankenese is a pretty residential area. I also like my hometown Augsburg of course. There is still much more to say about Germany, maybe in my next free post. :)

2 Kommentare:

  1. I got to visit Germany once, for about five days. I stayed mostly in a small town called Heidenheim, which as I recall was pretty close to Stuttgart. I got to visit Koln and see the cathedral there, which was quite memorable. Actually there were several amazing sites I got to visit there and I really had a good time. I should go back someday... :)

    I hope you do continue to post about Germany. Maybe you could focus on one region (such as your hometown) and go into more depth about it? Plus if you have any pictures you can share, that would be cool too!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Yeah I already planned a post about my hometown, augsburg, and I want to response this post because I noticed that I described Germany very chliched and I want to write about it in a more personal way! And yeah, I have lots of pictures! :)

    AntwortenLöschen