Donnerstag, 20. Oktober 2011

FREE: Yosemite National Park

Last weekend I went to Yosemite National Park with my family. It was gorgeous! I haven't been to any national park before. The air is so fresh and clean there and it was kinda weird to get out of the car and put on a winter jacket while before you wore a T-shirt. On some spots there was even a rest of snow.  The whole area was so huge and the landscapes reminded me of different countries. In the forests I felt like beeing in Sweden and the bare, red plain with the white moon above looked like I imagine Africa. (I've never been there). On our first day we went to the Hetch Hetchy reservoir and saw a beautiful sunset. We stayed in a house at something like a little village. On Saturday we took a walk in the sequoia woods. Afterwards we drove into Yosemite Valley. We went to a waterfall (there are quite a lot, so I can't remember which one it was, but it wasn't the Yosemite fall), the Ansel Adams gallery and the hotel "Ahwne". It's so pretty and the hall with the chimney looks like Hogwarts. The next day we hiked to the Yosemite fall. Because it was so hot we wanted to swim in the "Merced River", but the water was too cold. It was so peaceful!


Hetch Hetchy Reservoir


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen